At Fram Renewable Fuels, we believe that we can make a difference.  Located and operating in one of the most highly productive and sustainably managed forested areas in Georgia, we produce sustainable, renewable wood pellets.


Approximately 80% of our pellets are manufactured from sawmill and other wood manufacturing residues such as sawdust, chips and shavings.  The remaining 20% comes from the forest, usually thinnings, tree tops and other forest waste residuals.


We believe in minimizing the greenhouse gas emissions of our pellet production and are continually looking for ways to minimize the carbon footprint of our wood pellets.  In 2020, we underwent a major renovation at our Hazlehurst mill to make it more efficient from both an operational and environmental/greenhouse gas standpoint. We also utilize both rail and truck to transport pellets to the port depending on the haul distance.  And we use ships with large storage capacities in the transportation of pellets to overseas markets.


Fram Renewable Fuels maintains Sustainability and Chain of Custody certifications which include   Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®, License code FSC-C114710)), Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC)(License PEFC/29-31-432), Green Gold Label (GGL) and the Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP). At our Hazlehurst mill we maintain ENplus certification for quality residential pellets and are rigorously audited every year by third party auditors. 

For more information about Fram’s sustainability contact Elizabeth van Tilborg or Randy Stevenson at info@framfuels.com


sunset over a georgia forest